My name is Giulia Brazzale, I am a freelance translator and teacher of English and Italian as a foreign language as well as a student of American literature at the University of Venice, Italy.
I have not always been into the Anglo-American side of things, but I have pretty much always been into languages and the humanities. In a previous life, I was a student of Mandarin Chinese (i.e. 中文 the language) and Chinese “culture” (i.e. history, classical texts, philosophical/religious traditions, etc.). But then things changed and got more complicated, so here I am now.
Some things close to my ❤️ include:
- Sea Shepherd, awesome people who work for a better, blue life.
- LAV, more awesome people who pressure the Italian government to offer protection to the non-humans.
- A/I, the (very few and struggling) people who still allow for some freedom and privacy on the internet today.
- Pian Dei Ciliegi, a peaceful place as well as my virtual sangha.
- Manuel Uberti, a personal blog by my better half.
- Herman Melville, no introductions needed.
If you wish to read why I started this blog, and what I hope to get out of it, please read my very first post.
Finally, here’s my email address, in case you wish to get in touch:
✉️ giulia DOT brazzale AT inventati DOT org.
I prefer encrypted emails. My GPG key is available via Web Key Directory so you can automatically discover it through your email client.